If you're using over 200MB of swap, your system would be moving slower than
some continents. There is nothing really _wrong_ in having over 200MB of
swap, but there would be nothing to gain. If you need over 200MB (assuming
you have a decent level of RAM), either you're doing something _very_
memory-intensive (e.g. running a busy server) or (more likely) there is
something wrong (like a rogue process or a memory leak).

In other words, the 200MB swap limit is simply a rule-of-thumb based on
practicality. You don't need to follow it to-the-letter, but you most likely
won't gain anything by having anything bigger. In fact, since filesystems
tend to become slower as thet become larger, your system could even slow down.

RAM is relatively cheap nowadays. The best thing you can do to increase your
system speed would be to have enough RAM so that you don't need and swap at
all.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson