No, Java is still not working. I run Mozilla nightly build 2001081008, but I
had the same problem with 0.9.3. I have made the symlink corect. But I have
not installed Java, only downloaded and unpacked "jre.xpi" should I do any
instalation of Java?
Ola

On Thursday 16 August 2001 09:29, you wrote:
> (I ended up deciding to send this to the whole list because it's helpful
> for anyone downloading non-rpm versions of Mozilla... I had to do it on
> Debian)
>
> Dear Ola,
>
> Once you've done what they told you already you need to go to your mozilla
> directory (hopefully /usr/local/mozilla) and go into the plugins folder.
> Here you want to make a link to a plugin in your java folder.  The name
> might be slightly different depending on what your java folder is named,
> mine looks like this:
>
> /usr/jre1.3.1/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so
>
> That file, the libjavaplugin_oji.so in /plugin/i386/ns600 of your java
> directory is the one you need to have a link to in the mozilla plugins
> directory to enable java for mozilla.  The way to do this without having to
> use command line is by opening the home directory, navigating to your
> /mozilla/plugins folder and right-clicking the background, choosing "create
> new" and "application".  Under the general tab name it libjavaplugin_oji.so
> and under execute put the full location of that file in the java folder
> (like the line I wrote out above).
>
> If I've explained anything poorly just yell at me.  Also yell at me if it
> doesn't work.
>
> In Solidarity,
> Isaac
>

> << Ok It was me who asked about java in Mozilla. I have some difficulties
> in writing in english but I try. I believe I have done the right thing with
> the symlink??? But it dont work.
> By the way, e-mail trouble. As I wrote have I been using Mozilla since
> milestone4, first in Windows and now in both windows and linux. I get all
> my e-mail in linux and most of the web browsing to. I do download the
> Mozilla nightly builds sometimes so i get new wersions of Mozilla often.
> Because of that I have stoped to use Mozilla as my mailprogram, I use
> K-mail. Maybe K-mail is not the best mailprogram there are but I have not
> loosed any mail.
>
> It would be nice to get java working in mozilla so I can cotinue with
> downloading and trying nightly builds.
>
> Ola
> -- Ola Lidén Övarpsvägen 125 291 95 Färlöv Telefon 044-74136 >>

Ola Lidén
Övarpsvägen 125
291 95 Färlöv
Telefon 044-74136