Thanks,  I did what you said and it worked.  However I put that cd I just
burned back in to read it, and the problem happened again.  It seems to be
something about that cd.  I don't know if that makes any sense, but it seems
to freeze the device up.
SW

On Friday 17 August 2001 15:45, you wrote:
> Hi, looking at the first message was the soft link listed a typo when you
> show "....scd0 scdrom"?  it should have been "...cdrom". I did not have to
> do this with my install, but that is neither here nor there. Since you had
> it going it made the link so what I would do is make a new desktop short
cut. Go to an empty place on the desktop with the pointer and right click.

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com