On Saturday 18 August 2001 13:57, you wrote:
> Hi, I've just installed MD8 and am naturally on a steep learning curve.
> My first problem is getting my modem operational I know Linux is not
> good with winmodems which I have. Before going down the replacement road
> with my modem where do you suggest I look for possible drivers?
>
> The modem is a Gateway GVC 56K (flex). I'm told the Lucent Tech. drivers
> might possibly work.
>
> TIA
>
> Richard Innes
> Auckland New Zealand
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

A couple of places to check out:

http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/20010604b.html
http://www.linux.com/enhance/hardware/

Good luck
skinky
Bay of Islands NZ  ;-)

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the
morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
- Frank Sinatra

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com