On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Newacct wrote:

> On Saturday 18 August 2001 01:43, you wrote:
> > On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Newacct wrote:
> > > How can I make a secure ftp server on my linux box?
> > > Running Mandrake 8, Intel Architecture.
> >
> > Run ProFTPd. You can find it at rpmfind.net
> >
> > peace,
> >
> > Rog

> hmm.. i want to use wu-ftpd

Thats OK, you can do that too - its just ProFTPd is more secure. But I
don't know if that comes with 8.0...I know it did with 7.2 (which Im
running...and I actually have WuFTP going right now). Wu is real
straightforward...just read your readmes, and you'll be fine.

peace,

Rog

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com