Hello,

I am getting the following error when trying to install aureal vortex sound
drivers:

[root@quasar aureal]# make install
cc -D__KERNEL__  -DMODULE -DAU8830 -mpentium  -O6 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall
-pi
pe -I/usr/src/linux/include   -c -o au_audio.o au_audio.c
In file included from au_vortex.h:55,
                 from au_audio.c:49:
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:1:2: #error Modules should never use
kernel-hea
ders system headers,
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:2:2: #error but headers from an appropriate
ker
nel-source
make: *** [au_audio.o] Error 1

These are the instructions I followed:

1. Unpack the distribution:
tar xvzf aureal*.tar.gz

2. Change to the driver directory and become root:
cd aureal*
su

3. Edit the Makefile to suit your system (SMP, CPU type, etc)

4. Type the following install commands:

If you have an 8830-based (Vortex 2) card:
make install

*note that in step one i ommited the "f" arguement due to an error.

I am assuming that the error message is saying that I don't have the header
files installed. Is there a way i can install them from the mandrake CD? I
checked out the software manager but i don't know what i'm looking for.

Any and all help is always appreciated.

Thanks,

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com