I have a secondhand UPS which says Compaq on the front and Made by Deltec on
the back, I would like to be able to configure it for unattended power downs,
someone suggested powerd but it would not detect my UPS, I downloaded LanSafe
from the Compaq website but the number of types of UPS are many and varied
(and there I was thinking a UPS was a UPS) and I have no idea how to
configure it.
Any suggestions as to how to identify which type it really is would be most
welcome, BTW it doesn't have anything useful like an FCC number on the
outside if anyone knows whether it is on the inside I'll open it up and have
a look but I'd rather wait and see what people suggest.
--

Poogle
Registered Linux user 182657 (added to sig for the benefit of those irritated

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com