I have followed this thread carefully since I have had some minor problems
with sound. Xmms and cdplayer work fine. I've updated my BIOS after reading
about the VIA problem.

Epox 8KTA2 Motherboard, VIA KT133A + VT82C868B, Duron 800, 256 RAM, 20G WD HD
WD hardrive (lucky me - I had even special ordered it!), no soundcard, LITEON
1610B CDRW (works fine), LM 8.0.

Dmesg excerpt: "via_audio: ignoring drain playback error -11"

Before update: This message is repeated 3 times in a row, with three separate
occurrences of it.

After update: Four occurrences of the message in groupings of 3 repeats.

Any idea what this error message means? I cannot find any reference to it.
(Btw, my CDRW burns at full speed both CD-R and CD-RW.)

This is my second post to the board. If I wish to reply to someone, should I
post to them or to the list as I have done here? The info here is great: I've
learned so much - thanks!

Regards, Andre.

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com