Hello all,

I recently purchased an A-Bit mobo (KT7A) along with a 1.2GHz AMD and 512MB. I performed an install using the "Recommended" selection and at the point near the end of the install when it configures XWindows the system locks up hard. By which I mean the mouse ceases to respond, no keys work, I can't switch to different consoles (Ctrl-Alt-F<n>), etc. I thought maybe it was the graphics card (S3 Trio3D/2X, a fairly new, low cost 3D Graphics/video accelerator card), so I replaced it with a known working card, to no avail. I then tried a known working PCI graphics card (name/mfg escapes me at the moment) and experienced the same problem.

Has anyone had a similar experience and found a solution? This is driving me nuts :-)

Thanks,

Tim