On Monday 20 August 2001 15:58, Gonzalix le Druide wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I have read that pppd has bugs. I say this because I've install at least
> 5 times my connection following carefully the instructions of the
> install book plus some ideas of this list. It doesn't work.
>
> May be I could connect other way? I think DrakNet or something?
>
> May be I must edit some file? -in that case, which one?
>
> Do you need my specs? Pentium II 350 Mhz, 256 Mb RAM, hdd 15 Gb (windoze
> is on another hdd: I boot with GRUB). Please tell me if another info is
> required.
>
> I'm on complete darkness.
>
> Help, please
>
> G le D
> ---
The make and model of your modem is important information.  Some modems are real
hardware and
some are cheap, glorified sound cards that need hundreds of kilobytes of code to do a
modem's
job.  Since that software is usually written only for windows, we call those
"winmodems" though that
is also a trademark of USR.

If you have a winmodem then drivers will be necessary and they do not exist for most
winmodems.

Civileme

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com