Luke Randall wrote:
> I sent this yesterday but it didn't seem to get through so here it is
> again:

Luke,

It got through yesterday and today.  Several factors may influence if /
how soon you get a response:

1. see http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Test/AvoidHTMLinEmail

2. how difficult the question is, or who has experience with it

I know that what you request can be done, and the tool to do it is
Samba.  In fact, for you to share files and printers from the Linux box
to the Windows 9x boxes, you must set up a Samba server on the Linux
box, which I have never done.  I have done some of the opposite which
requires a Samba client (smbclient or smbmount).  I suspect that someone
who is familiar with the Samba server can give you better clues (or more
integrated clues) on setting up the Samba client as well.

If no one responds on that part, I will try to dig up what I did (which,
unfortunately, I haven't reinstalled since my last reinstall, so it will
require some digging).

Randy Kramer

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com