I don't know of any Linux-based encyclopediae (if there was one, I suspect
the "C" and "L" sections would be very well developed, but the rest would
just be based on Farside comic strips... but I digress) But what you may like
to try is your existing Windows apps in WINE, the Windows-emulator for Linux.

Their website is at http://www.winehq.com/

Richie

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com