--- Mike Borrelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I have an Apple, and would *love* to run Mandrake on
> it, but I don't have
> access to a CD burner at the moment.

As far as I know there is no Mandrake for the power
PC. Linuxppc and all the other ppc distros are made by
different companies.

>  Is there some
> way that I can setup a
> harddrive partition to be a gig or something, copy
> the installation there
> and install it?

I'd try downloading the iso and mounting it. Disk Copy
or Toast Pro (even if you have no burner) should be
able to mount it. Then run the mounted iso as if it's
a CD and when it asks where you want to install, tell
it to go to the new partition you made for Linux (I'm
assuming linuxppc will ask you that, I don't know
first hand).

If you have to buy Toast Pro, you're probably better
off just buying a copy of Linuxppc.

I'm thinking of getting a powerbook and putting
linuxppc on it myself.

Matt