I'm unable to figure out the right display mode for my laptop.  During
the install process, the graphics mode is correct (i.e. the screen looks
great -- no problems).  However, after it starts X, the display goes
haywire.  I tried another mode -- this time, the LCD display mode.
 Still no luck.

How do I figure out what mode to use?  For example, how do I figure out
what mode Mandrake is using during the boot-up and boot-down process
(during which time the graphics looks fine).  How do I set the mode?  Is
there a way to test the mode, without committing to it?

Can anyone point me to a troubleshooting page for xfree86?

Thanks.

    - Chuck

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com