 -----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]  On Behalf Of Joe Brault
Sent:   22 August 2001 20:19
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        [newbie] Hard Drive addition in Linux

 << File: message.footer >> Hello,

    I found this mailing list on the Mandrake site, and thought you all
might be able to help me with my problem.  I purchased a hard drive
yesterday (maxtor 40GB 5400rpm) and installed it thru windoze.  I can see
and use the drive fine in windoze, however when I access my linux setup
(Linux Mandrake 8.0, running KDE; I have a dual boot system using grub)  I
can see the drive when I look for it in the windoze explorer browser (can't
remember name?)  but the size shows as 4kb and I can't see any files on
it... its like a blank drive...

    Does anyone know how to configure Linux to see this drive in kde so I
can read/write to it?  I've got all my mp3's on this drive... so it's kinda
important to have it up:) no music until it's working!  Thanks in advance!

     - Joe :)