After finally getting Mandrake Linux 8.0 to talk with my modem, I have
tried to connect to my ISP.  I am able to do so via windows but when I
try via KPPP I get an error code (19) which seems to indicate that there
is some sort of authentication issue.

One person has suggested that this is due to some "magic" that windows
95, 98, NT and 2000 do but which Windows 3.1 and Linux do not do.

Another person has suggested it might be an SSL issue.

My ISP is quixnet.net. To the best of my knowledge (and ability) all of
the required data has been set to the correct values (including userid
and password).

Can someone please shed some light on this situation?

Thanks

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com