Hi.

I downloaded the LM 8.0 Freq 3 ISO images. I was able to install it on my
office computer (IDE drive). But it did not install on my home PC (SCSI
drive).

The computer boots from the CD. The installation process then begins and
shortly thereafter, it chokes when it tries to load the Adaptec AHA 2940
UW2 drivers (it freezes).

I tried my original LM 8.0 CD and it loads the AHA 2940 driver just fine.
Is there a way to circumvent this problem by feeding options when starting
the installation process.

Also, whenever I compile programs on my office machine (now running LM
8.0 Freq 3), I get some strange messages about locale settings (sample
output attached below). This is what I have installed

$ rpm -qa | grep locales
locales-2.3.1-8mdk
locales-en-2.3.1-8mdk

Is there a way to get rid of these messages?

Take care,

Kouros

$ g++ test.cc
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.