        From:   Dean Morrell [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Thursday, August 23, 2001 1:23 PM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        Re: [newbie] File Renaming "Perks:  Did someone say
'bash script'?"

        This is a newbie list right? [okay, good]  I don't want to be too
embarassed to ask a stuped question.  Would someone be willing to explain
what this does?  I
        mean each character has significance, right?  So what is it?  This
reminds me of the random characters thrown up on my screen after
disconnecting from the old
        BBS.

        At 08:34 PM 8/22/2001 -0700, you wrote:
        > > for i in `ls /dirname | grep -e".+ .+"`; do mv $i `echo $i |
        >  gawk '{ gsub(_, ,$0) }'` ; done

        Dean

        -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

        "The way I see it, there were two great triumphs, two things that
I'm proudest of. One is the economic recovery, in which the people of
America created - and filled - 19 million new jobs. The other is the
recovery of our morale. America is respected again in the world and looked
to for leadership."
        -Ronald Reagan's Farewell Address

         << File: message.footer >>

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named
recipient. If you are not the named recipient please telephone/email
the sender immediately. You should not disclose the content or
take/retain/distribute any copies.

Norwich Union Life & Pensions Limited
Registered Office 2 Rougier Street
York YO90 1UU
Registered in England Number 3253947
A member of the Norwich Union Marketing Group
which is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.
Member of the Association of British Insurers.

For further Enquires 01603 622200

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com