I aim to install L-M on an IBM TP 380ED (P166, 80MB RAM, 5GB HD, 20x
CD-ROM) so my son and I can take a machine with us to a local group who
will be learning Linux.  When I try to install, I get a screen I didn't
see when installing on my PC, also an older machine.  It reads:

--------------
Please choose the mean of installation.

                    NFS Server
                    FTP Server
                    HTTP Server

     Ok                                        Cancel
--------------

Without a Network card, I get an error screen which reads:

--------------
No NET device found.

                   Ok
--------------

I checked my BIOS and find that the CD-ROM tests "Ok" (but that I don't
have the option to boot from the CD-ROM.)  I'm guessing I need a driver
for this CD-ROM on my boot floppy but am not sure where to start; is
this what's going on?

Does anyone know of a way to circumvent this?  This is my first
notebook.  I could not find the manual on line at www.thinkpad.com. The
HD was just f-disk'd and formatted tonight; I can't even seem to
initiate the install for win98 (though that's what was installed when I
got it).

Thanks in advance,

Dave
--