I have to disagree with the comments below.

I have had experience with numerous distributions, including Suse and
Redhat, and i have found the support excellent for both, except that
Redhat has a kind of 'corporate' feel to it which i dont like.

One of the main reasons i have stuck with Mandrake (apart from the
excellence of the OS) is the support that i recieved when i first
started out. When i was first starting i had no access to the internet,
i just had access to this list through my works email system, everyone
was soooooo helpful, i actually felt guilty about asking so many
questions.

Sure, not all of my questions were answered, but if someone _can_ help
they will.

Have you checked out mandrakeuser.org and mandrake forum? these are
excellent sources of support.

I hope your future experiences will be better.
                   -- Jamie