Hi.  I have a problem that was mentioned earlier, my cpu simply crashes when
shutting down, giving me a segmentation error and a lot of code.

The earlier mail in questionsaid to go to http:\\nlpagan.net/linux.htm
for a fix
The fix was to go to etc/rc.0/init.d/halt
find the last line whcih should read  (eval $command -i -d -p)
and change it to (eval $command -i -d )

I went to the file in question and it read

HALTARGS="-i -d -p"
if [ -f /halt ]; then
    HALTARGS="-i -d"
fi

eval $command $HALTARGS

So I changed the line (HALTARGS="-i -d -p")  to (HALTARGS="-i -d")
in hopes this might do the same thing. It didn't work and the computer hangs
on shutdown quicker than before and will not restart either.

Now after all this my problem is that when I went back to change it to its
original state the new problem didnt go away.  Anyone out there with more
(some) coding knowledge could provide an answer or possible problem it would
be appreciated.

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com