Because i was in a hurry i forgot to add the two most important lines to this
posting:
the very first one Could you _please_ help me?, and the last one: thanks in
advance, i apologize for been so unpolite,
thanks again, freddy

Por favor, responda a [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Destinatarios: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC:        (cci: Freddy R. Mena/TA/EDC)
Asunto:   [newbie] Hardware failure?

I think my linux box is "developing" some kind of hardware failure, last couple
of weeks it had many random segmentation faults in gnome panel, gnome terminal,
and others...

Last three days it had this message in shutdown: canīt umount /home, is busy...

And yesterday:

     1-while idle suddenly appeared: kernel canīt handle requested system
paging....<<lots of numbers here>> Ooops... <<lots of numbers again, >> <<etc,
etc>>...

     2- after 1in start up: starting http     [FAILED]

i am going to check this week end, but, what do you think? could you guess from
these messages what is the failing hardware?, or, could it be a software fail?.

the hardware is amd athlon 600 mhz, mainboard pcpartners, soundblaster live
platinum, external modem us robotics, video trident 3d blade 8 mb, 128 mb ram

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com