>it, then just try and see if it works, using the usb-serial module, and
>telling the ups monitoring software that it is on ttyUSBx.

Thanks Alex. Could you just say a few more words about
the usb-serial module.  You mean what I download from
Belkin yes?  This isn't some .conf file buried in Linux
someplace, right?

Thanks for the encouragement, and I agree, I still get
the benefit of coverage in the case of power outages
where I'm here to shut down the computer -- even w/o
software monitoring.

Kirby

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com