On Sat, 25 Aug 2001 14:50, cr0acker wrote:
> Hello Sridhar,
>
> Friday, August 24, 2001, 8:05:08 PM, you wrote:
>
> SD> On Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:05, cr0acker wrote:
> >> Hello newbie,
> >>
> >>   Some menus in Mandrake 8.0 which must be in russian are in some
> >>   stupid symbols. What should i do. HELP HELP HELP
>
> SD> Are you using Cyrillic or Unicode fonts? You need to.
> I use standart Cyrillic KOI8-R fonts which came with LM8.

Sorry, I don't know then. If you can import Windows TrueType fonts, do so,
and try using the Arial and Times New Roman fonts (they are Unicode). If the
problem is with web pages, then you need to set the encoding to Cyrillic.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com