It was Sat, 25 Aug 2001 17:13:17 -0400 when Gabriel Arcos wrote:

>    Hi, I get the following error while X session try to get open: "could not
>open default font 'fixed'" and session shutdown. I try to fixed with XFdrake
>but still no working. How can I fix this problem?

Looks like xfs (X Font Server) is not running. Usually a reboot will help, but
I have the feeling that you already tried that.
I believe that it is a service, so perhaps

service xfs start

helps here

Paul

--
Acceptance of what happened is the first step
to overcoming the consequence of any misfortune.

http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403
         Linux Mandrake 8.0 - Sylpheed 0.5.3

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com