> There are too many folders and sub folders for me to delete each *.snm
> file via the GNOME file manager so I thought I'd resort to the Linux

Use find to locate the files, and then do an rm on what files it finds.

find . =name "*.snm" | xargs rm

A shorter way:

rm `find . -name "*.shm"`

If there are a lot of files to find, method #2, although easier to
write, can conceptually fail, because the output of find is just plopped
right on the command line and you end up with 'rm a bunch of really long
files one after the other ... ' .

But as the command line is very large (at least 70 K) in linux, you have
to have a really big list. find with xargs should be faster in some
cases, as it divides up the work.

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com