Good afternoon folks,

I'm starting to do pretty much everything from the command line now, to the
point that I don't even touch XWindows for most of the day.  While this is cool
and exciting, I'm curious as to people's opinions on what text editor I should
use for programming, file editing, etc.  I have only been playing with them for
a few days and it seems to me that vi is a lot easier thus far.  The CTRL-D/DEL
thing in emacs is a real hassle.  I know that vi is intended for C programming
and emacs for command interpreting/bash programming, so is it best for me to
use both?  What are the advantages of each tool under different circumstances?
Thanks as always for your collective infinite wisdom.

Peace,
Isaac

"When I gave food to the poor, they called me a saint. When I asked why the
poor had no food, they called me a communist."

 - Archbishop Oscar Romero of El Salvador

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com