> and emacs for command interpreting/bash programming, so is it best for me to
> use both?  What are the advantages of each tool under different circumstances?

I'm not sure where you got that idea - see my other message. My recommend-
ation - use whatever you feel more comfortable with. For some, emacs is
easier to figure out (mostly because most people coming to Unix aren't
going to be used to a 'modal' editor, as vi is).

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com