On Tuesday 28 August 2001 14:52, you wrote:
> Okay, I'm getting the frowning face when I bootup and shutdown. I ran
> kudzu as root to see if it was something hardware related but it found
> nothing. Also, I did a "dmesg > dmesg.txt" and found nothing unusual
> there.
>
> Can anyone tell me where to look to read error messages from Aurora?
> (that is the name of the fancy loader now, right?) Thanks much!
>
> PS I thought it might have been where I pulled my 56x CD-ROM. It was
> only about 45 days old and quit working. Still under warranty, but I had
> to yank it to send it back.

Ok, you can go into Mandrake Control Center>Boot>Boot Config and then on
the screen select the traditional or traditional gtk monitor. That will
list of line by line what is going on in boot up. Or go to runlevel 3 on
boot up for a non-graphical boot that will list the same stuff. HTH
--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com