It's just like apropos - it takes the parameter you give it as a keyword.
Try something like 'man -k mail' to find many other commands related to
mail! For (a particularly bad) example, observe:

$ man -k dns
curs_addstr: addstr, addnstr, waddstr, waddnstr, mvaddstr,mvaddnstr,
mvwaddstr, mvwaddnstr (3X) - add a string ofcharacters to a cur
dnsquery (1C)        - query domain name servers using resolver
ldshread, ldnshread (3X) - read an indexed/named section headerof a common
object file
ldsseek, ldnsseek (3X) - seek to an indexed/named section of acommon object
file
$

I want to know about dns and all it's related stuff, yet I get entries like
curs_addstr, because "dns" appears in "addnstr" and "waddnstr"...

Usually, though, if you perform a keyword search on your topic of interest,
you almost always find something new and nifty! I spend hours surfing man
pages! :-)

Steve Flynn
NOP Data Migration Ops Analyst
* 01603 687386