I am trying to get some help for using MandrakeUpdate.
I went to http://www.linux-mandrake.com looking for help
after sending several messages to the ssupport and getting
nothing back. I am sending this message hoping that at least
someone can tell me where to find proper help.

My main problem is - I just installed Mandrake 8.0
(I have PowerPack Edition) with no problems whatsoever.
Then I followed what is written in http://www.linux-mandrake.com
"Security holes are fixed as soon as possible when they are
discovered. Most of the new packages can easily be upgraded just by
running ``MandrakeUpdate'' regularly."

But if I run MandrakeUpdate from the command line I get the following
message
MandrakeUpdate mode!!
compssUser.flat: bad format

and then jumps to the Software Manager and says that I
did not configure a source for security updates. Then I say
that I want to do it and I am asked for a New source's name.
At this point I don't know what to do. Also if I try to update
the list of mirrors nothing get back.

How can I fix this problem ? Looks like updating the OS is a major
thing and I would like to start doing things properly.

Thanks in advance,

Reinaldo de Carvalho

Custid/ID : DECAGH-476006-DA