Thanks for all your answers everyone.

I have managed to get Pine up and running and ive got Fetchmail to get
my mail for me from my pop accounts, configuring Fetchmail was a small
task with the help of fetchmailconf.

The only thing ive got to sort now is the crontab, guess its come to the
time where i should learn how to use Vi.

Im going to take Steve's suggestion and use Pine for a while before i
switch over to anything more complicated, it seems nice enough to use.

<Rant>
I remember when i got hold of a  copy of Linux a year or so ago (Redhat
6.0) it was the console that i most wanted to play with, Linux was going
to be a challenge to learn anyway, but thats the whole reason i
installed it in the first place.
I hate having everything done for me, with linux theres a 1001 different
ways of doing everything, and i love it!

I guess when i got Mandrake 7.1 i got back into the habit of using the
GUI for every little task, even though sometimes its much quicker to use
the console. So im trying to reverse that now.. i know that the GUI is
going to be used more and more over the next few years, especially by
people new to the OS, but i really dont think _i_ will learn that much
by going that route.
</Rant>

I hope some of the newer newbie's here try and remember that the console
is much more powerful than KDE or Gnome will ever be.

Anyways, my first coffee of the day is wearing off now, time for a
top-up :-)

Thanks for listening. and thanks for your help.

Jamie Adams
Housing Assistant
Tel:  (01723) 507543
Fax: (01723) 355862