Hi all,

I have just got the opportunity to swap my Western Digital 20gig 7200rpm
(three month old) drive,,
and I have chosen a 61.4 gig IBM 7200rpm drive to replace it, (also
upgrading the box to 512mb ram,,,,)

I have heard many bad things about the WD harddisks, so when a friend needed
a new big hard drive for his 233mmx system, I did a deal and now I am
rearing to go with the IBM.
should make a nice combo,,,,

But I don't want to have to reinstall the whole thing again if I can avoid
it....

The 20 gig is currently divided into partitions like /tmp /home /var/ /usr
etc etc... and running Reiserefs everywhere possible.

In windows systems, I used Ghost many times to just mirror the old drives
onto the new ones,,,,,,

Is there anything at all like that for linux?

I hate the idea of the hours I am gonna waste getting it all perfect again
on the new drive (the old one, install is 2 months old, got it perfect and
it has an uptime of over a month now. (web and mail server)) , so I was
hoping there was a shortcut I could make...to save me the reload.... any
ideas?

any suggestions would be much appreciated.

kindest regards

Frank