Someone probably knows better than me, but if firewalls and VPNs do not get
in your way you might be able to mount a share drive via Samba or NFS
depending on your particulars.

To mount with Samba from a linux machine to a windows machine:
root@morpheus {/home/mjohnson} $ mount -t smbfs -o
username=<username>,password=<password> <share-on-windows>
<directory-on-linux>

To mount with NFS:
root@morpheus {/home/mjohnson} $ mount -F nfs <host>:<remote-directory>
<local-directory>

Other than than you can always port forward FTP on your home PC and transfer
files, which is probably faster and safer, but not as much fun....