On Sat, 1 Sep 2001 00:01, Robt. Miller wrote:
> I want to install Mandrake on a 120mhz 486 with 64mb ram. I was just about
> to order the 8.0 CD and saw in Google that I should possibly be installing
> 7.0 instead. Is this the case? If so, how can I download it and install it
> without a CD burner? Is my hardware adequate for whatever version I
> install? Many thanks for your help, I'm anxious to get started.

What are you going to do with the 486? If it's destined to be a
firewall/server, then Mandrake SNF would be the best for you. If not, then
perhaps you should look at Red Hat, since it is current and is compiled for
i386 processors. Alternatively, you can look at 'compact' distros (made for
low-power machines) like Peanut Linux.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson