On Friday 31 August 2001 07:08 pm,  David Park wrote:
> I am currently having trouble mounting my CD Burner. Can some one please
> tell me how I should define it in fstab.  I have created a directory under
> /mnt but I am confused because under Harddrake,it is listed twice - as an
> IDE device and SCSI device. ie hdd and scd0
>
> TIA
>
> David

Well, mine looks like:

/mnt/cdrom2  /mnt/cdrom2 supermount fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/cdrom2 0 0

it's on another machine that still tries to use supermount obviously, that's
with 8.0 and kernel 2.4.3-20mdk.  If you've disabled yours, you can
copy/paste then supermount -i disable.  You're supposed to have two entries
for burners in your harddrake.  It's the links that probably make the
difference. /dev/cdrom2 is linked to /dev/scd0 with permissions like:
lrwxrwxrwx   and then in lilo you need an append=" hdc=ide-scsi"  Then as
root, open userdrake and put cdwriter in your user's group.  If that don't do
it for you, I've got a how-to written by civileme somewhere I can dig up for
you.
-s