On Tuesday 04 September 2001 03:23 am, Mohammed Arafa escribió:
> say does it matter if i use the i586 version or the i686 version?
> on top of that does it matter if i use the mandrake version or some
> other distro's?

    I assume you're refering to rpmfind results? Type 'arch' in a
teminal, if it returns 'i686' you can use either i586 or i686 rpms.
It does matter if arch returns 'i586'. Then you can only use i586 rpms.
It's probly better to use only Mandrake rpms if at all possible. I
sometimes use generic, or rpms for other distros, but I then --rebuild
src.rpm's and check directory locations with 'rpm -qpil' before I
install them.
--
        Tom Brinkman                       Galveston Bay