On Tuesday 04 September 2001 23:07, you wrote:

> >Paul - i set up netscape before using "application/pdf" w/ "xpdf %s"
> > and it worked.
> >but it didn't work w/ mozilla. nothing happens when i try to open a pdf
> > file.
>
> Hmmm, sounds like a bug in mozilla then. I can't get it working here
> either. Too bad...
> Paul

I have Acrobat Reader working in Mozilla and Netscape.

You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader from
http://www.savewealth.com/support/acrobat/linux (linux-ar-405.tar.gz).  I
installed it in /usr/local.

1. Go into Mozilla > Edit > Preferences > Navigator > Helper Applications.
2. Click "New Type"
3. Description of Type = pdf viewer (or whatever)
4. File Extension = PDF
5. MIME Type = application/pdf
6. Application to Use = //usr/local/Acrobat4/bin/acroread (or the path to
        where your "acroread" shell script resides).

Now if I enter the URL
(http://www.epic.org/privacy/consumer/MS_complaint.pdf) in Mozilla it
opens with Acrobat Reader.

HTH