On Thu, 06 Sep 2001 20:55:29 -0700
Randy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> insightfully noted:

> Howdy gang!  Quite an evening.  Got Linux installed, X-windows working,
> and even connected to the Internet.
>
> So, I need to access some large data files on the DOS side of this
> beastie.  It's like 5 Mb, so a floppy is out.  I'd rather not upload to
> the FTP server at work and then download, as my connection is only 28.8
> out here in the woods.
>
> I remember in another life using a doscp commmand (SCO Unix, I think,
> circa 1990.)  Can't find anything similar in this Linux package, nor on
> the Mandrake site.
>
> Any suggestions?
=================================
If you're dual booting, it's likely Mandrake put your DOS/Win partition in
your /etc/fstab  Check that file to see what your dos partiiton is called
(perhaps /mnt/win)  If your dos partition is not mounted by default, in a
console type "mount /mnt/win" (or whatever your dos partition is called,
BTW don't use the quotes).  Then simply "cp /mnt/win/path_to_file
/home/you/whatever_folder" (again w/o the quotes and using the appropriate
directory names).
HTH,
Mike

--
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
--Benjamin Franklin