-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Isaac Curtis
Sent: Friday, 7 September 2001 4:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Firewall/networking tutorial?

Ben Bayer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to set up an old computer I installed mandrake 8 on as a firewall
for
> my main PC.  Does anyone know of a howto, forum discussion, book, or
article
> that might help me get started networking and firewalling?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben

Linux Network Administrator's Guide (O'Reilly & Assoc.)
a definite must-have
pick it up from your nearest local bookstore
if you dont have the cash get it later because its intermediate level
but i read it cover to cover with almost ZERO networking background
and now i can do some pretty badass stuff

good luck
isaac