Linux Newbie wrote:

> I can't even find WP8, does anyone have the url?
>
> Can't find it on their site.
>
> On Thursday 06 September 2001 12:16 pm, so spoke s:
> > On Thursday 06 September 2001 03:07 pm,  mcoady wrote:
> > > Since installing Mandrake8 I cannot get WP8 for Linux to install.
> > > Is it probable that the newer Mandrake version has dropped certain files
> > > necessary for WP8?
> > >
> > > Michael
> >
> > Does installing the libc5 rpm not help this time?  I believe I have had wp8
> > on 8.0 but I had to install libc5-1.0-2.i386.rpm first.
> > -s

I've lost touch with WordPerfect, but I used WP8 on my first Linux
(Redhat) system several years ago. There was a library issue even then,
and it took a while to sort things out. (When I changed to Mandrake, I
didn't bother to reinstall WP; Star Office works just fine for me.) When
Corel brought out their WP2000 suite a while back, they removed WP8 from
their download site, and I don't believe that 2000 was ever available as
a download. If you go to:
        linux.corel.com/support/wp8-linux.htm
you'll find a link to a support group that is (was) very active and may
be worth a look; you might find a downloadable WP8 for Linux on Tucows.

Bear in mind that Corel is getting out of the Linux business, so that
continued support for even the boxed sets is questionable.

One thing that I do remember about WP8: Don't set your video resolution
to 24 bit -- it doesn't work.

Regards,
Carroll