On Fri, 07 Sep 2001 17:15:24 -0400
Isaac Curtis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Brett wrote:
> > I need a webmail type of access program for a server running Mandrake.
> >
> > It needs to be able to handle IMAP accounts.
> >
> > Also, it needs to work as thus.
> >
> > Someone logs in as-
> >
> > username - user
> > pass - password
> >
> > When when they send mail in the program, it sets their return address
as
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Brett.
> >

> This got posted in the middle of Jennifer's "simple command line
> question" thread for me.  Did this happen to everyone?  If so, is it
> because of something the poster did, something on the drake server, or
> what?  This same issue has happened to me several times in the past.
> I'm using KDE on 7.2 and probably more relevantly I'm running Mozilla
> 0.9.3 (2001080104).  Please let me know if this is/isn't happening to
> the rest of you so I can file a report in Bugzilla if it's just a
> mozilla mail issue.

No, it's not a bug..

I believe it's the result of the poster (Brett) replying to that message
and changing the subject line rather than posting a new message.

The message id in the headers would place it where it wound up (in the
middle of another thread). I use another mailer (Sylpheed) and I see the
same thing frequently and tend to ignore it.

It's really a case of how posters need to be a little more careful about
how they go about starting new threads.

Cheers

John

--
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected"
       (The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June 1972.)