LURKER here, setup your system to dual booting, boot to either Windows or
Lunux using the LILO (LInux LOader) then you can use Windows until you have
your problems solved in Linux.  Also the HSP56 Micromodem is a Winmodem and
will not work in Linux without special drivers.  The best thing is to get
yourself a REAL modem, 3COM/USR is the best I have found for the money and
they will work in Linux.
You can also purchase an External Modem which I think are all supposed to
be REAL modems.

At 08:12 PM 9/8/01, you wrote:
>Mandrake 8.0   -   2.4.3-20mdk
>
>I install the Linux Mandrake 8.0 in my computer and have two weeks what
>canīt use my modem HSP56 MicroModem I need of instructions and drivers for
>install my modem. I donīt want more use Windows. Please help me have many
>days and donīt have success. My english is bad I am brazilian. Kernel
>version 2.4.3-20mdk. If i canīt configure i go format my HD and back to
>Windows, because without connection i canīt stay. I job with the internet.
>

>PLEASE HELP ME. DONT WANT BACK TO WINDOWS !!!

TIA,
'd'
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
San Antonio, Texas