From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2001 10:30 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] g++ package?

Hello,

i am using Mandrake Linux 7.2 and try to compile a simple C++ program:

#include <string>

int main(void) {return 0;}

when i try to compile this with g++/c++, the compiler gives me the error
message:

blah.cc:1: string: file or directory not found

it appears that the C++ header files are missing or something like that.
which package contains those header files?

[root@machine /root]# gcc --version
2.95.3

[root@machine /root]# g++ --version
2.95.3

[root@machine /root]# rpm -q gcc
gcc-2.95.2-12mdk

please CC me all replies since i am not on this list.

Thanks, Kaspar

--
Kaspar Landsberg, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Four