On Sunday 09 September 2001 22:59, you wrote:
> It depnds on the packages you choose.  Likely you didn't choose anything
> that was on the second disk.
I wanted to install DosEMU and TiMidity and Penguin Command (2nd CD)
but they weren't even one of the choices.

> I've installed and re-installed LM8 several times over the past few months
> and I've noticed that a minimal install (selecting configuration and the
> KDE and GNOME desktops)  doesn't require the second CD at all.
>
> If there is the opossibility you missed something during install, it might
> be the first step of choosing packages where the install program asks you
> if you have the 2nd CD available for installing from.  I've always
> installed in the expert mode and it always asks.  HTH.

I've been through the setup program three times after stuffing up the install
by having the X "Test Configuraiton" crash the install program, when someone
tripped over the power plug and when I forgot to choose reiserfs.
Is there a single-cd version of mandrake?  Perhaps my friend burnt that and
the 2nd cd of the two-cd version?

thanks again,
george