On Sunday 09 September 2001 02:33, you wrote:
> Isaac, here is what i did:
> i located the file "java". on my system it is in /usr/java/jdk1.3.1/bin
> then i exported the path. this i found on the javasun website. here is
> what you do:
> su to root
> #export PATH=/usr/java/path/toyour/java:$PATH
>
> in my case:    #export PATH=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/bin:$PATH
> after that all i have to do is   #sh runlime.sh
> Now, this is only a workaround. everytime i start a session i have to
> export the path. and limewire only works launched like this from a
> console......... but it works....

Hi Antoine

I *think* you can define your $PATH in /etc/profile or ~/.bash_profile so
that you won't have to export the path each time.  By coincidence I
happened to read the following extract this morning (note the last
paragraph):

>From Mandrake User Org Docs (Using the Shell III)

"One important thing to keep in mind is that variables declared this way
are only set for the current terminal. Open another terminal or xterm,
export WHIZBANG again. Now switch to the other terminal. echo $WHIZBANG
just returns a null-value. If you want to make use of this variable in
every terminal, you have to define it either in '/etc/profile' or in
'~/.bash_profile'.

All this applies to $PATH, too. Have a look at your current $PATH with
echo $PATH, append to it with export PATH=$PATH:[newpathname], define it
in '/etc/profile' or in '~/.bash_profile'."

HTH
skinky