On Sunday 09 September 2001 10:50 am, Peter Watson wrote:

> This one puzzles me however, how can you use a linux utility to remove
> the partitions that linux resides on. This sounds like the computing
> equivalent of sawing off the branch that you are sitting on.
>
> Any explanations gratefully received.

To do this you need to boot of your rescue disk (or the install cd, and
select rescue). This way, you are not "cutting off the branch you are
sitting on", but rather "cutting off the branch you were sitting on
(before rebooting)"

--
Alex

Steve Balmer, CEO of Microsoft, recently referred to LINUX as a cancer.
Unsurprisingly, that's incorrect; LINUX was released on August 25th,
1991 and is therefore a Virgo.