At 03:24 PM 09/10/2001 +1200, Ivor Westwood wrote:
>Hi All
>
>I have a 17Gb hardrive  partitioned into three.  C. 2.5Gb,  D. 6.55Gb  E.
>6.55Gb. I had this partitioning done when I was going to install BiOs, but
>the computer shop installed Windows in all three partitions. I really
>wanted  Windows only in the 1st partition.
>
>Now my question is this. Can I delete D and E and format them with Linux
>leaving C with Windows 98 intact.? This would save me a great deal of
>installation of Windows programs I  have to use, if I deleted the whole
drive.

You'd be ok, provided no Windows files were installed to D / E.  Also, make
sure that your swap file, application files (the stuff under Program
Files), and any data files are on C.  Then it is a simple matter of going
into windows fdisk, and removing the windows partitions for D and E.

Once you've removed those, then run the Linux install and partition as you
want.

Michael

--
Michael Viron