I can't find the original email sent on this topic, but it says that the
hostname was replaced with the bash-2.05$.  Are you simply referring to
the prompt?  Or is the hostname actually saying it's bash-2.05$?

As for the request for a standard /etc/skel/.bashrc and
/etc/skel/.bash_profile, here's what I have.  I have edited mine a bit
since I do have a few users that log on remotely to this machine.

[root@r2d2 skel]# less .bashrc

# .bashrc

# Source global definitions
if [ -r /etc/bashrc ]; then
        . /etc/bashrc
fi
[root@r2d2 skel]# less .bash_profile
# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
        . ~/.bashrc
fi

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin
USERNAME=`id -nu`
USERID=`id -nu`

export PATH USERNAME USERID BASH_ENV=$HOME/.bashrc

On some of my machines I actually have a simple /etc/skel/.aliases and I
add a line in /etc/skel/.bash_profile that reads:

souce $HOME/.aliases

I'm pretty sure I just misunderstood what you were talking about with
the bash-2.05$ for a hostname, but if that's the case, edit
/etc/sysconfig/network to have all your correct information.

Hope that comes in handy.
tdh

--
T. Holmes

Uptime:
  9:59am  up  1:45,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00