Remember in 8.0 3d for the Radeon is still experimental.

If you can hold out for 8.1 I think you will be quite pleased
with both your card and its performance with Mandrake.

I am using the 8.1 Beta3 and the Radeon now has full 3d hardware
acceleration and tuxracer runs flawlessly.
I think this is a combination of X 4.1.0, better drivers from ATI,
and updated DRI instructions.

   Charles  (-:

Forever never goes beyond tomorrow.